Creating & scheduling a Walkthrough on the mobile and web app
Want to become a Walkthrough master? This is the first step for the sales process within Route. Always meet client expectations by having a perfect digital breakdown of a client's location with photos, square footage, floor types, fixture counts, and hot points. This guide will detail how to create and schedule Walkthroughs.
Benefits of performing a Walkthrough
- Allows you to create a digital record of your Walkthrough that you can share via text message or email
- Walkthrough data carries over into the Estimate Calculator for increased bidding accuracy
- Walkthrough photos, notes, square footage, and fixture counts can be imported into the Proposal Generator to stand out to clients
- Create a Walkthrough with the mobile app. By default, any Walkthrough created on the mobile app is assigned to the user that created it.
💻 Web App
- Create a Walkthrough with the web app. This allows you to assign the Walkthrough to any team member.
Note: Every Walkthrough requires a Client and a few other required fields to be completed first. If the Walkthrough is for a new Client, it can be created during this step.
Mobile App: Creating and scheduling a Walkthrough
After opening the Route app on your mobile device, you'll see the sales dashboard. This is a snapshot of your teams sales activities and how active they are. You can view the totals over 1 week to a full year to see how many new deals you are closing.
Click the Schedule tab at the bottom of the screen to begin.
This is the Route scheduling screen. By default, the Route app will show any Walkthroughs you are assigned under the "My Jobs" tab at the top of the screen. If you are a Manager or an Administrator, you can select the "All Jobs" tab to view Walkthroughs assigned to other team members. For each Walkthrough, you'll be able to see the Client name, their address, which services the Client is requesting, the date and time for the scheduled Walkthrough, and who it's assigned to.
To create a Walkthrough, click the "+" icon in the upper right corner.
A few options will appear at the bottom of your screen. Select New Walkthrough.
You'll then be taken to the scheduling screen. There are 3 required fields, and 2 optional fields.
- Client: the name of the client that is requesting your services
- Category: the services that they are requesting
- Schedule Date: the date and time that you'll be meeting with the client at their building
- Notes: any additional information that is important to have for this Walkthrough (ex. enter the name of the client contact)
- Tasks: reminders (to-do lists). This is useful for people new to Walkthroughs and need help knowing which questions to ask the client (ex. building hours, building access, etc.)
Click on the first field, Client, to begin entering their information.
You'll then be taken to the Client list screen where any previous Clients entered in Route will appear. For this example, we are going to create a new Client. Click Add New Client at the bottom of the screen.
To create a new Client, a series of fields will need to be completed. These fields are:
- Client Name: the client's business name
- Address: the address of the client's building
- Location Type: this field is for defining the client's type of building (more info below)
- Phone Number (Optional): the client contacts phone number
First, click Client Name to begin entering the Client's business name.
Next, click Address.
This will bring up Address screen. From here, start typing the Client's address. Once the correct address appears, tap on it to select it.
Next, click on Location Type. The Location Type field is used for defining the client's building type.
This field determines which set of standard areas (rooms) will pre-populate for your Walkthrough (Ex. if you select "office" then your Walkthrough will have areas typically found in an office such as a lobby, conference rooms, or offices, and if you select "healthcare facility" then it would include exam rooms).
However, ALL areas are fully editable during your Walkthrough. For this example we'll select "office".
The last field is for the Client contact's phone number. It is an optional field.
Once all of the required fields have been populated, click Finish to complete creating the new Client.
🎉 You have now completed adding a new Client to Route!
You'll now be returned to the Walkthrough creation screen. At the top of the screen, you'll now see the new Client you created.
Next, click Location to select the address that you entered for the Client earlier. Route supports multiple Locations for Clients.
Next, we will click the Category field.
The job category list will now appear. These are the services that your company provides for clients. Select the job categories that the prospective client is requesting. Multiple categories can be selected by tapping on them. When a Job Category is selected, a check mark will appear on the right side of the screen. When you first begin using Route there will be a small list of default job categories, but you can create any new categories that you and your team need by selecting Add New Category at the bottom of the screen.
Click Save & Close when you have selected all of the appropriate job categories for this Walkthrough.
Next, click Schedule Date to select the date and time that you'll be meeting with the Client at their location.
The next two fields are both optional. The first field is the Notes field. It is a text field that can be utilized for adding any additional notes for this Walkthrough. For example, you can add notes about the building or a quick note about who the site contact is for the Client. Click Notes to add the information.
The last field is the Tasks field. Click on this field to create reminders (a to-do list) of tasks or questions that should be performed during the Walkthrough. For example, if you are assigning a Walkthrough to someone new to your company, you could create a list of questions they should ask the Client.
Click Tasks to begin adding tasks.
Here, you can begin creating a list of tasks line by line. Hit "return" or "enter" on your phone's keyboard to move onto another line. Below are some examples.
Click Save & Close to finish adding tasks.
One last step! To complete creating and scheduling the Walkthrough, just click the Done button in the upper right!
🍰 Awesome! You have just completed creating and scheduling a new Walkthrough! It will appear in your schedule. All Walkthroughs created on the mobile app will automatically be assigned to yourself.
Web App: Creating and scheduling a Walkthrough
You can also create a Walkthrough on the web app of Route. You can access the web app on any computer with an internet connection and with the Google Chrome browser. When you first login to the web app, you'll see the sales dashboard.
Click Walkthroughs on the left side of the screen to begin.
This is the Walkthrough dashboard screen. Here you will be able to view all of your Walkthroughs in a list. This list will display any Walkthroughs that have been assigned, are in progress, or completed. However, there are also 2 other alternative views located in the upper right corner of the screen.
To switch the view type to see all of your Walkthroughs by status, click the Status View in the upper right corner.
This is the status view and each Walkthrough has its own card. Every card (Walkthrough) has a status. Each column signifies which stage in the funnel a Walkthrough is currently in. Walkthroughs move from the left to the right. The statuses are:
- Assigned: these Walkthroughs have been created and scheduled for a user to perform.
- In Progress: the Walkthrough card will move automatically to In Progress when a user has started a Walkthrough in the field.
- Completed: the card will move to this column when someone has performed a Walkthrough and finished their Walkthrough within the app.
- Cancelled: any Walkthrough that has been manually cancelled.
To view the Walkthroughs in a calendar format, click the Calendar view on the far right in the upper right hand corner.
This is the calendar view. You can filter the Walkthroughs on the screen by month, week, or day in the upper right corner of the calendar.
However, from any of the views, you are able to create a Walkthrough. Click the Create Walkthrough button in the upper right corner.
You'll now arrive at the New Walkthrough screen. There are a few required fields and a few optional fields. First, let's select the Client that this Walkthrough will be scheduled for.
Click Client and select the Client from the drop down. If it is a brand new Client, click Create New next to Client in order to create them.
The next field is Location. If there is only one address for this Client, it'll be automatically populate that address.
Next, click Services and select which Services the Client is requesting.
Next, select Scheduled Date to select the time and date that you'll be performing the Walkthrough.
Next, click Select Team Members to assign the Walkthrough to a team member that you have invited to your Route account. A drop down list will appear with their names.
The following fields are optional. The first optional field is the Tasks field. Tasks are reminders (to-do lists). This is useful for people new to Walkthroughs and need help knowing which questions to ask the client (ex. building hours, building access, etc.)
Click on Tasks to begin entering your reminders.
This will allow you to create multiple reminders. After each item, click "enter" on your keyboard or click on the "+" symbol to add an additional item.
The next few fields are optional.
- Alerts: forced text reminder that appears when the user starts the Walkthrough.
- Notes: any additional information that is important to have for this Walkthrough (ex. enter the name of the client contact).
- Attachments: any additional documents you want associated with the Walkthrough (ex. floor plans, RFP's etc.). Only available for viewing on the web app.
When you are ready to complete the creation of the Walkthrough, click Done in the lower right corner.
🎇 Congrats! You have now learned both methods of creating and scheduling Walkthroughs!
Let's perform a Walkthrough with the mobile app! The next guide will show you how to perform a Walkthrough and how to best use Route's Walkthrough Builder.