Bid jobs like a pro with the Estimate Calculator
Ready to bid a job? The Estimate Calculator helps you submit the right bid to your Clients! Calculating your charges, costs, and profitability has never been easier. Route's Estimate Calculator streamlines the process with 3 bidding methodologies that allows your sales team to quote work for all of your company's services. All you have to do is enter information for the 5 input elements and it will do the math for you!
Note: You can only create Estimates on the web app at App.GetRoute.com. Route is optimized for the Google Chrome browser.
Benefits of using the Estimate Calculator
- Confidently know how much to charge a client
- Charge via the method that works for you (hourly rate, rate per sq. footage, or by fixture count)
- Account for your employee and supply costs
- Forecast your profitability to know how much an account is really worth
- Save estimates on the web to work collaboratively with your team
5 Input Elements:
Charge Method - how you would like to charge your Client for your Services
Job Frequency - how often your Services will be performed
Labor - your employee labor costs and man hours
Supplies, Materials & Equipment - the cost of your supplies or equipment needed for the job and whether they are recurring or one time
Charges - charge per hour, based on margin, a rate per sq. foot, or per fixture (dependent on which bidding methodology you select)
3 Bidding Methodologies
- Bid accounts by projected hours. (ex. Janitorial services)
- Price accounts using your cost per square foot. (ex. Floor services)
- Calculate your charges by your cost per fixture. (ex. Window Washing/Landscaping services)
How to create an Estimate
🚶♂️ From a Walkthrough
- Import your Walkthrough data directly into an estimate. The square footage, fixture counts, and the Client's name and address will populate into the Estimate Calculator. This is the most accurate way to create an estimate.
✍ From Scratch
- Create an estimate without a Walkthrough. Select your services or just the Client's name and location to start building your Estimate.